Re: [opensuse-summit] announcing Es translation of site [Panama and other Newspapers Links]
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:43:15 -0500
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 12:42 -0500, Ricardo Chung wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 19:01 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Friday 20 April 2012 11:33:32 Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 10:51 -0500, Ricardo Chung wrote:
El vie, 20-04-2012 a las 12:12 +0200, Jos Poortvliet escribió:
Heya all,

I almost forgot: we were supposed to announce the spanish translation
of the site. I've kept it short, there is not that much to say, but
if I missed something I'd love to hear it:

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=13234&preview=true

Will go live Monday.

/Jos

Jos,

Would you like to add a Spanish Translation too?

Regards,

What we really need is to target Spanish-speaking media to send them
press release. Spanish-speakers probably aren't reading news.o.o that
much unless they already know English.

So... can we come up with a list of Spanish-speaking media publications
we can send the release to? I've asked itxshell to come up with a list,
but if more of you can do this and add to a big list, then Jos can send
to them directly.

Yup. News.o.o is English, a spanish translation there might not make sense.
It does in a blog and of course in the direction of Spanish media...

Thanks!
Bryen

Jos,

This link could give several online newspapers for Central America and
South America
http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/south-america-newspapers.htm

North America and Caribbean region
http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/north-america-newspapers.htm

In Panama case, the most important newspapers are:

La Prensa
http://www.prensa.com/

El Panama America
http://www.panamaamerica.com.pa/periodico/edicion-actual/index.php

La Estrella de Panama
http://www.laestrella.com.pa/online/inicio.asp

Capital Financiero
http://www.capital.com.pa/
The last one issued a special edition about telecommunications
http://www.capital.com.pa/suplemento-telecomunicaciones-mayo-2012/

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

--
Ricardo Chung | Panama
Ambassador

Good starting list. But what about FOSS-targeted publications? Is
there a Linux Magazine-type publication for Spanish language?

Bryen