Re: [softwaremgmt] Our software store
On 2010-11-08 15:00:34 (+0100), Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Saturday, November 06, 2010 01:32:32 pm Pascal Bleser wrote:
[...]
And another thing to keep in mind: we're getting into exactly the same
problem as with the "community repositories" thingy: if it is hosted on
opensuse.org, we won't be able to have applications that are in Packman.

We could provide installation of applications hosted by packman too if the
user wants to use community repos. Technically we just provide the
infrastructure for package installation. It's up to the user to install
applications from trusted vs. untrusted sources.

Not with a web based solution, there are no "community repos or not" there.
Either you also present packages (/applications) that are in the Packman
repository, or you don't. And if it's hosted on opensuse.org... you
probably can't.

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>