Re: [softwaremgmt] Our software store
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:28:42 +0100
Am Dienstag, 2. November 2010, 16:15:45 schrieb Thomas Goettlicher:
On Tuesday, November 02, 2010 03:54:20 pm Lars Behrens wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 02.11.2010, 14:58 +0100 schrieb Thomas Goettlicher:
See: http://news.kde.org/2010/11/02/frank-karlitschek-introduces-bretzn

I just wanted to make clear that I *need* the now finally maturing command
line tool zypper, as I do a lot of administration via ssh and through
scripts. I am a bit concerned that it will degenerate again in favor of
such tools.
The software management application we are discussing now is meant as an
improvement for the current graphical user interface in order to allow non-
technical users to search and install applications. It will never replace the
zypper command line tool.

Yes, for that reason I would actually to prefer to name it "Application Store".

In that way we can keep the software term for the packaged based view as we have
it so far.

bye
adrian

--