[softwaremgmt] obtain source repo directly via rpm header
  • From: Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 23:33:04 +0100
What about simply utilizing a previously unused rpm-tag to directly
determine via the rpm-header where a package came from?
Then we do not need to parse the whole history just for this purpose!
I have had a look at all header entries and have found a promising up to
now unused candidate: RPMTAG_SOURCE

For the future RPMTAG_SOURCE could carry the Buildservice-URL a package
is provided via.
SOURCE =
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_11.1

RPMTAG_DISTRIBUTION could then no longer be complicated with the info
already present in RPMTAG_ARCH, but extended with a hint like
Buildservice/Core:

now:
DISTRIBUTION = openSUSE 11.0 (X86-64)
ARCH = x86_64

as proposed:
DISTRIBUTION = openSUSE 11.0 / Buildservice
ARCH = x86_64

.. then I can wrack my fresh history parser implementation; slurp.