Re: [softwaremgmt] assign lower priority to newly added repositories
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:40:56 +0200
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 03:09:54PM +0100, Elmar Stellnberger wrote:
No I don't like the idea of an additional repo priority mapping because
it makes things more complicated rather than easier.

The goal should be to preassign repo priorities in a way so that the
unsuspecting user does not have to change them.

The reason why I am suggesting default repo priorities is that things
should work out of the box.
Look at bug
Fallacies like these are really unnecessary and can even hit an expert
user hacking compilers like me.

But those bugs wouldn't happen if all repos had priority=99 as a
default. Everything else gets in the way of local policies set by
the system admin.

Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-softwaremgmt+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-softwaremgmt+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx