Re: [softwaremgmt] assign lower priority to newly added repositories
  • From: Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:01:22 +0000
Well, I think there is pretty good reason to give the update
repository a high priority like 20.
Besides this I would prefer the default repos (repo-oss, repo-non-oss)
to have a higher priority say 40 than user added ones (99) for the
reasons of security. Core distro packages are more trustworthy than
those from 2nd hand repos or temporarily added repos.
The installation DVD may have a priority of 30 in order to save the
user from downloading packages which are available on the DVD. This will
even speed up installation for those users who have a broadband connection.
It is generally no good idea to leave over priority assignment to the
sys admin because in most cases there will simply be no admin. Desktop
users expect their system to work out of the box. They should never need
to reassign priorities.