Re: [softwaremgmt] Identifying a package in rpm-md
  • From: Benji Weber <benji@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:41:03 +0000
2009/1/28 Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>:
But for your purposes (deleting obsolete records from a database and
inserting fresh ones) that seems to be not the right question. If
that set does not include the version, then you will likely find the
obsolete entry, otherwise you won't, isn't that the case?

Hmm. Yes I guess it's not worth worrying about if the package name is
unique in almost all cases. I can just fall back to removing&re-adding
packages in the rare case that there is more than one with the same
name.

--
Benjamin Weber