Re: [softwaremgmt] Identifying a package in rpm-md
  • From: Benji Weber <benji@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:23:26 +0000
2009/1/28 Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:53:46PM +0000, Benji Weber wrote:
So my question is: Is there a set of attributes in the rpm-md that
would uniquely identify a package that is build independent and allow
diffing of the metadata?

Suppose we have package movieplayer in 3 repos: in factory with few
codecs, in packman with more codecs, and in a home project with a
different set of more codecs. Now we have several versions of the
package from all of these repos. If I understand correctly, you want
to classify movieplayer so that you have 3 pkgids.

Or one, I know what repository it is as that's where I obtained the metadata.

The problem is matching up the packages that are currently in the
repository, with the packages that were there before.

How about name+packager? (or vendor, but I don't see that in rpm-md)
+arch?

Is it not possible for one packager to package multiple versions of
the same named package within one repository?

e.g. amarok 2.0 and amarok 2.1 ?

I was wondering if there's a set of attributes that's guaranteed to be
unique, other than the checksum.

--
Benjamin Weber