Re: [softwaremgmt] Identifying a package in rpm-md
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:39:20 +0100
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:53:46PM +0000, Benji Weber wrote:
So my question is: Is there a set of attributes in the rpm-md that
would uniquely identify a package that is build independent and allow
diffing of the metadata?

Suppose we have package movieplayer in 3 repos: in factory with few
codecs, in packman with more codecs, and in a home project with a
different set of more codecs. Now we have several versions of the
package from all of these repos. If I understand correctly, you want
to classify movieplayer so that you have 3 pkgids.

How about name+packager? (or vendor, but I don't see that in rpm-md)
+arch?

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner