Re: [softwaremgmt] zypper-0.12.7 update/list-updates now defaults to --type package
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 15:22:25 +0200
Jano Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx> writes:

To anyone who uses 'zypper update' or 'zypper list-updates' without
explicitly specifying the --type option: the default has been changed
from 'patch' to 'package' since zypper 0.12.7

Is there a way to do package and patch updates in one run?

Or even better, to configure which type of updtaes should be expected
on a per repo basis? e.g. in /etc/zypp/repos.d/*

I'd expect the openSUSE repo (or SLES or which ever base distro) to
provide updates as patches and the smaller opensuse build serverhosted
repos to host updates as packages.

That's because I'd hope a single run of 'zypper update' to update my
system in the Right Way, without me having to know that I have
different types of repos, with different ways to update each of them.

S.
--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5