[softwaremgmt] dist update with KMPs
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:47:14 +0200
Hi,

if I have KMPs installed from some driver kit (add-on with registered
online update source), and the drivers won't make it to the next
product / SP release, then I'll need to upgrade the KMP's add ons
alongside the base product.

Also, the KMPs (and the base products) need to be updated alongside
the kernel, before a reboot, because after reboot without KMP update,
the new kernel may fail to access the repos (network) or the disk
(storage) or the display device (graphics).

Will this be fixed / work with 11.1? Where can I find info on how the
integrated upgrade of base distro with add-ons is planned?

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5