Re: [softwaremgmt] ymp files on the command line?
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:52:13 +0100
Benji Weber (benji@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
On 18/03/2008, Lars Behrens <lars.behrens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

anyone knowing of a way to use ymp-files on the commandline? Couldn't find
something on the net...

As I have a bunch of clients here, it would be great if I could use
one-click-install via script.

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/bweber/entry/installing_using_one/

Alternatively just script it using zypper ar/in

I'm coming into this conversation late, so forgive me if I'm going
over old ground. But I thought of two extensions to this OCICLI
functionality which might be really nice.

Firstly, it would be cool to have an extra utility which would
integrate OCICLI with the search step which is the inevitable
precursor to OCICLI invocation. Here's a mockup (although it would
probably make a lot more sense to provide an extra YaST module to
achieve this, allowing both graphical and ncurses UIs):

$ OCIgrab foo
Searching for 'foo' in OpenSUSE 10.3 repos via
http://software.opensuse.org/search/ ...
Found several matches:
1. foo in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:Marcus_H/openSUSE_10.3
2. foomatic-filters in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:10.3/standard
3. FooBillard in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:10.3/standard
4. FooBillard in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games:arcade/openSUSE_10.3
5. tuxpaint-stamps-food in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education:desktop/openSUSE_10.3
Please select one of interest: 2
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:10.3/standard is already
installed; please try again.

Please select one of interest: 4

Selected repository: games:arcade

Other recommended repositories: games:libs, openSUSE:10.3:NonFree,
openSUSE:10.3

Package: FooBillard
for Linux.
Author: Florian Berger

Install ymp via OCICLI or return to selection [y/n/r] ?

and another, in which there is a single search result so the selection process:

$ OCIgrab food
Searching for 'food' in OpenSUSE 10.3 repos via
http://software.opensuse.org/search/ ...
Found a unique match!
5. tuxpaint-stamps-food in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education:desktop/openSUSE_10.3

Selected repository: Education:desktop
for educational use.

Other recommended repositories: <name>openSUSE:10.3</name>
<name>openSUSE:10.3:Update</name>
<name>devel:languages:pascal</name>
<name>openSUSE:10.3:NonFree</name>

Package: tuxpaint-stamps-food
images
which can be used with the "Stamp" tool within Tux Paint.
Authors: Bill Kendrick, George Wong

Install ymp via OCICLI [y/n] ?

Secondly, the above OCIgrab could be integrated with the recent
command-not-found hack from HackWeek:

http://idea.opensuse.org/content/ideas/command-not-found-for-opensuse

e.g.

$ giver

Program 'giver' is not installed, but it might be available via the
openSUSE Build Service. Would you like to search for it [y/n] ?