[opensuse-security] Re: [security-announce] SUSE Security Announcement: Mozilla Firefox (SUSE-SA:2009:012)
  • From: Frank Steiner <fsteiner-mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:34:29 +0100
Marcus Meissner wrote

1) Problem Description and Brief Discussion

The Mozilla Firefox browser is updated to version 3.0.7 fixing various
security and stability issues.

Updates are provided for openSUSE 11.0 and 11.1 currently, backports
for other Mozilla Firefox browsers and Mozilla Suite programs will
follow.

I somehow doubt this :-/ Unless my SLED update is broken or I've missed
sth. (and I apologize if that's the case), the same was said for the
last FF security announcement from Feb 16:

Fixes for older Firefox and other Mozilla versions are being worked on.

That's 4 weeks ago and nothing happened. Maybe all those bugs did not hit
the 2.0 FF (but then this should be stated clearly). Otherwise it would
mean that there haven't been fixes for a "remote code execution" (as
stated in the announcement) for the SLES/SLED Firefox for more than 4
weeks now. This isn't acceptable for Enterprise versions!

cu,
Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner Web: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/