[opensuse-security] FreeRADIUS 2.0.3 listens on random port instead of 1812?
  • From: Neil Anderson <cleidh_mor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:58:37 +0100
Hi all,

I've just upgraded to openSuSE 11.0 and my freeradius server now seems to be
broken. It seems to be listening for auth requests on a random port instead
of UDP 1812 I've done a bit of digging on the net and as far as I can see,
the issue occurs in a number of other distributions but there doesn't seem to
be a fix for it.

Has anyone else seen this problem on openSuSE? Is there a fix available, or
should I just go back to v1.1.7? I've appended some debug output below.

Cheers,
Neil

# radiusd -X
FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.3, for host x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, built on Jun 7
2008 at 04:26:43
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
Starting - reading configuration files ...
including configuration file /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/clients.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/snmp.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/eap.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/sql.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/sql/mysql/counter.conf
including configuration file /etc/raddb/policy.conf
including files in directory /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/
including configuration file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
including configuration file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
including dictionary file /etc/raddb/dictionary
main {
prefix = "/usr"
localstatedir = "/var"
logdir = "/var/log/radius"
libdir = "/usr/lib64/freeradius"
radacctdir = "/var/log/radius/radacct"
hostname_lookups = no
max_request_time = 30
cleanup_delay = 5
max_requests = 1024
allow_core_dumps = no
pidfile = "/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid"
user = "nobody"
group = "nobody"
checkrad = "/usr/sbin/checkrad"
debug_level = 0
proxy_requests = no
security {
max_attributes = 200
reject_delay = 1
status_server = yes
}
}
client 127.0.0.1 {
require_message_authenticator = no
secret = "testing123"
shortname = "localhost"
nastype = "other"
}
client 192.168.x.x/32 {
require_message_authenticator = no
secret = "xxxxx"
shortname = "Weasel-AP"
}
radiusd: #### Loading Realms and Home Servers ####
radiusd: #### Instantiating modules ####
instantiate {
Module: Linked to module rlm_exec
Module: Instantiating exec
exec {
wait = yes
input_pairs = "request"
shell_escape = yes
}
Module: Linked to module rlm_expr
Module: Instantiating expr
Module: Linked to module rlm_expiration
Module: Instantiating expiration
expiration {
reply-message = "Password Has Expired "
}
Module: Linked to module rlm_logintime
Module: Instantiating logintime
logintime {
reply-message = "You are calling outside your allowed timespan "
minimum-timeout = 60
}
}
radiusd: #### Loading Virtual Servers ####
server inner-tunnel {
modules {
Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_pap
Module: Instantiating pap
pap {
encryption_scheme = "auto"
auto_header = no
}
Module: Linked to module rlm_chap
Module: Instantiating chap
Module: Linked to module rlm_mschap
Module: Instantiating mschap
mschap {
use_mppe = yes
require_encryption = no
require_strong = no
with_ntdomain_hack = no
}
Module: Linked to module rlm_unix
Module: Instantiating unix
unix {
radwtmp = "/var/log/radius/radwtmp"
}
Module: Linked to module rlm_eap
Module: Instantiating eap
eap {
default_eap_type = "md5"
timer_expire = 60
ignore_unknown_eap_types = yes
cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
}
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_md5
Module: Instantiating eap-md5
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_leap
Module: Instantiating eap-leap
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_gtc
Module: Instantiating eap-gtc
gtc {
challenge = "Password: "
auth_type = "PAP"
}
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_tls
Module: Instantiating eap-tls
tls {
rsa_key_exchange = no
dh_key_exchange = yes
rsa_key_length = 512
dh_key_length = 512
verify_depth = 0
pem_file_type = yes
private_key_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/xxx.pem"
certificate_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/xxx.pem"
CA_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/xxx.pem"
dh_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/dh"
random_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/random"
fragment_size = 1024
include_length = yes
check_crl = no
check_cert_cn = "%{User-Name}"
}
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_mschapv2
Module: Instantiating eap-mschapv2
mschapv2 {
with_ntdomain_hack = no
}
Module: Checking authorize {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_realm
Module: Instantiating suffix
realm suffix {
format = "suffix"
delimiter = "@"
ignore_default = no
ignore_null = no
}
Module: Linked to module rlm_files
Module: Instantiating files
files {
usersfile = "/etc/raddb/users"
acctusersfile = "/etc/raddb/acct_users"
preproxy_usersfile = "/etc/raddb/preproxy_users"
compat = "no"
}
Module: Checking session {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_radutmp
Module: Instantiating radutmp
radutmp {
filename = "/var/log/radius/radutmp"
username = "%{User-Name}"
case_sensitive = yes
check_with_nas = yes
perm = 384
callerid = yes
}
Module: Checking post-proxy {...} for more modules to load
Module: Checking post-auth {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_attr_filter
Module: Instantiating attr_filter.access_reject
attr_filter attr_filter.access_reject {
attrsfile = "/etc/raddb/attrs.access_reject"
key = "%{User-Name}"
}
}
}
server {
modules {
Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
Module: Checking authorize {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_preprocess
Module: Instantiating preprocess
preprocess {
huntgroups = "/etc/raddb/huntgroups"
hints = "/etc/raddb/hints"
with_ascend_hack = no
ascend_channels_per_line = 23
with_ntdomain_hack = no
with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
with_cisco_vsa_hack = no
with_alvarion_vsa_hack = no
}
Module: Checking preacct {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_acct_unique
Module: Instantiating acct_unique
acct_unique {
key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, Client-IP-
Address,NAS-Port"
}
Module: Checking accounting {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_detail
Module: Instantiating detail
detail {
detailfile = "/var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-
Address}/detail-%Y%m%d"
header = "%t"
detailperm = 384
dirperm = 493
locking = no
log_packet_header = no
}
Module: Instantiating attr_filter.accounting_response
attr_filter attr_filter.accounting_response {
attrsfile = "/etc/raddb/attrs.accounting_response"
key = "%{User-Name}"
}
Module: Checking session {...} for more modules to load
Module: Checking post-proxy {...} for more modules to load
Module: Checking post-auth {...} for more modules to load
}
}
radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
listen {
type = "auth"
ipaddr = *
port = 1812
}
listen {
type = "acct"
ipaddr = *
port = 0
}
main {
snmp = no
smux_password = ""
snmp_write_access = no
}
Listening on authentication address * port 5409
Listening on accounting address * port 18126
Ready to process requests.
< Previous Next >
List Navigation
Follow Ups