Re: [opensuse-security] Clamav installation in 10.3 is still outdated.
On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 01:19:46 +0200 Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 01:18:29AM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

After the recent YOU update of clamav to 0.93.1-0.1 and clamav-db to
0.93.1-0.1, the daemon still complains that it is outdated:

Jul 8 00:21:05 nimrodel freshclam[5151]: ClamAV update process started
at Tue Jul 8 00:21:05 2008
Jul 8 00:21:05 nimrodel freshclam[5151]: Your ClamAV installation is
OUTDATED!
Jul 8 00:21:05 nimrodel freshclam[5151]: Local version: 0.93.1
Recommended version: 0.93.3

Contrary to SUSE policy of not changing the version number, this time
you
do have to modify the version, or hack the code to eliminate the
warning.
It is absurd to have this warning popping up in the warn log every two
hours if it is not true, and dangerous if it is true.

If you require a bugzilla, I'll write it.

No, its just that clamav just seems to have released silently yet another
version.

Please open a bug.

There were two releases today (due to a serious regression in the first).
Both were announced on clamav announce. I'm not sure how that qualifies as
silent.

The good news is that it appears at first glance the new release does not
have any security fixes in it.

Scott Kitterman