[opensuse-security] Evil effects of nss_ldap security fix
  • From: Bob Vickers <bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:39:29 +0000 (GMT)
I have spent the last couple of days wrestling with some major problems,
and discovered that both are caused by the recent nss_ldap fix. I'm going
to submit some bug reports on Bugzilla, but I just thought I would see if
anyone else was suffering from the same thing.

Briefly (on SuSE 10.2):

(1) dhcpd will not start: it falls over immediately after forking. Can be
worked round by starting in debug mode.

(2) If a terminal session starts when nscd is not running then no
processes can be run at all, e.g. typing 'date' produces no output and
simply returns a new shell prompt

More information to follow on bugzilla

Bob Vickers