Re: [opensuse-security] Re: [security-announce] SUSE Security Announcement: Linux kernel (SUSE-SA:2007:064)
  • From: Frank Steiner <fsteiner-mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:07:38 +0100
Something definitely happens when rebooting NFS clients from the
kernel to the with the server already running This
morning I had the server already running with the original, untainted
SLES10 kernel and rebooted 5 clients that were still running

They all came up, but a minuter later the NFS server crashed so hard,
that I couldn't even see a console log anymore and had to hard reset it.
The server didn't come up again, it stopped at "LIL" so I have to boot
a rescue system now.

Today I will check if it also happens when rebooting clients that are
running the new kernel, too, or if it is just an imcompatibility between
the old and new kernel.

Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner Web:
Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik Mail:
LMU, Amalienstr. 17 Phone: +49 89 2180-4049
80333 Muenchen, Germany Fax: +49 89 2180-99-4049