Re: [opensuse-security] Automatic Update Checking
  • From: Christian Boltz <suse-security@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 02:48:07 +0100
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 13. November 2007 schrieb Ralf Ronneburger:
as unfortunately fou4s is not maintained any more I'm looking for a
program / script to automatically check for updates on OpenSuSE 10.2
/ 10.3 and send an email-notification about new updates.
[...]
Has anyone set up
something similar with zypper, yum or one of the other update-tools?

I have written such a tool, based on zypp-checkpatches-wrapper output
and a XSLT stylesheet. Seems I'm not the only one who needs this
feature - and the XSLT headache wasn't for /dev/null ;-)

You can download it from the buildservice ("patch2mail" in home:cboltz)
or directly from http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=patch2mail
Make sure to choose the correct distribution, there are some changes
between 10.2 and 10.3.

Usage is very simple: just install the RPM :-)
It comes with the script in /etc/cron.daily and sends the mail to root.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Hmm ... Du meinst das RamA ... Das macht das Frühstück gut ... denn
wenn Du RamA verwendest, dann meckert die Frau nicht, wenn Du schon