Re: [suse-security] [Fwd: [suse-security-announce] Discontinued SUSE Linux Distribution: 9.2]
  • From: "Hubertus A. Haniel" <hubba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:19:45 +0100
Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 01:00:02PM +0100, Hubertus A. Haniel wrote:
Just as a bit of feedback for the guys at SuSE/Novell - It would have been nice to stretch this window a bit to wait till SuSE 10.2 ships. - I have always found the x.2 distributions the most stable ones and will not upgrade my 9.2 boxes till 10.2 ships.

We have a 2 year rhythm ;)

Which makes 10.2 late by about a month and a bit ;)

9.3 and 10.0 were on the same stability level als 9.2 in my opinion,
if not more stable. I had no complains or problems with 10.0.

I found text mode yast a bit temperamental on 9.3 but 10.0 is arguably a
very stable release - every rule has an exception ;) - It is a lot of
work to upgrade my box at home which I depend on very much and I rather
not touch it more then every two years apart from the odd security
update. I guess that means I will not have to touch it at all from the
end of October till beginning of December but I may have to pray that
there are no major vulnerabilities I will end up manually patching myself.

Best regards
Hubba