[suse-security] Anti-Virus Problem
  • From: Björn Scorey <bjornscorey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:28:18 +0200
Hi Everyone !

I am running Suse 9.0 and I have installed

qmail (netqmail Ver. 1.05)
amavis (amavis-new Ver. 20030616p5-23)
antivir (Ver 2.08-16)

Antivir seems to be an evaluation version. (The one that came with Suse 9.0)

I donwloaded the EICAR E-Mail Test Virus but when I send either an infected attachment or simply copy the virus string on the mail, the antivirus doesn't recognize the virus, and the mail passes normally.

However when I run antivir on the infected file (attachment) by itself, it recognizes the virus. The same occured with f-prot (however I got some minor errors while installing f-prot). When I run either anti-virus scanner on my mailbox (mbox), none of them manage to see the virus.

Anyone has an idea what's wrong ?

Regards
Björn
< Previous Next >