Re: [suse-security] Email Spoofing
  • From: Eric Kahklen <eric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:07:54 -0700
Thanks!! would you set up SPF with the domainname ( or the MX hostname ( and any other back up hosts??? Would this information be placed with the ISP who manages our DNS?

Markus Gaugusch wrote:

On Jul 21, Eric Kahklen <eric@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are using Suse 9.0 Professional. I am getting email that is claiming to be from my domain and the Posfix logs confirm it is from an outside IP.

I would suggest to use SPF ( This way you can restrict the IP's that are allowed to send mails that end with your domain.

Eric Kahklen, MS
530 4th Ave. W. Seattle, WA

< Previous Next >