Re: [suse-security] Bridging Firewall with traffic-shaping
  • From: Guido Tschakert <guido.tschakert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 11:01:52 +0200
sematin@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Theoretically you should be able to setup a SUSE box as a bridge and then use
CBQ or some other mechanism to regulate bandwidth. I've only done this with
FreeBSD using dummynet for bandwdith control and it was a breeze to setup
using the docs from their handbook. However I have used CBQ on linux to
control bandwidth.

Noah.

Hi there,
thank you for yur hint.

I have looked at http://bridge.sourceforge.net downloaded the bridge-utils-rpm and try to configure a bridge with brctl which is very easy ;-)
Stupidly the kernel hangs after ifconfig mybridge up and sending the first frames :-(
I think I will wait now for SuSE 9.1 with kernel 2.6.x.
FOrtunately I'm not in that hurry ;-)
Then I will also try shorewall an if there is time free-bsd would be another option (don't beat me for that is a SuSE list and not a bsd list ;-)

I thank all for there help

guido