Re: [suse-security] FSCKING VIRII
  • From: Arjen Runsink <arjen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:41:40 +0100
Hi Bob,

Quoting Bob Vickers <bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Sadly I don't think that would achieve anything. Typically infected
> computers only send out their payload once, so the security team

I beg to differ. I have experienced that I got virii from the same ip
several times per day. And then also 2 copies of it at the same time.

This had nothing to do with machines in a masked network. All where
single machines.

> the inevitable request to reopen it (even if they refuse the request
> it
> still takes time).

Wait till the next one that keeps on hammering. Btw the last time I
received numerous copies of the same virus from the same IP happend to
be the computer of a university employee ;)

BB, Arjen

< Previous Next >