RE: [suse-security] NAI on unix do not find actual virus
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 02:49:01 -0500

----<text snipped>---

> i copied the exe file out of the zip file and ran
> the uvscan but nevertheless i was unsuccessful :-(

And you are unhappy ???

My father has a saying:

"Don't go looking for trouble,
it will find you soon enough."

Unless you have a test environment that is off the web,
please don't go opening up stange files...

However, in this case i would suspect that SuSE
or one of the ISP's stripped out the virus,

IAE, i hope so ... if not maybe a re-install
would be a good idea --- especailly if your machine
is dual boot ...

There is also a Urban Lengend that the anti-virus people
update their dat files as soon as they hear of new virus --
just so people feel good --- however,in some cases it
may take them a while before they actually have a fix.

You might want to try again running your virus scan.

--

"Paranoia is heightened awareness."

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.