Re: [suse-security] Question about SuSE security alerts
  • From: Avtar Gill <av_gill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:17:58 -0500
Markus Gaugusch wrote:

That's the reason why a lot of people use fou4s (http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/).
As soon as there is an update available, you are notified via mail with a description of the update. What else do you want?

I already have an automated method of monitoring SUSE ftp mirrors for
updates, downloading and incorporating them into my local APT ftp
repository and I get notified of any changes in the process. But that
wasn't my point. I raised a question regarding a procedure of the
SUSE security team and not about a third party tool. I just wanted to
be familiar with the reasoning behind incorporating small security
announcements of several programs in other unrelated errata updates.
What I was hinting at was that it might be beneficial to post
individual notifications to the suse-security-announcements mailing
list for each update.

There is only one email notification for the month of March..
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-security-announce/2004-Mar/

At first glance it looks like an OpenSSL update and yet it notifies
users of an unrelated kernel security fix within the email (along
with xf86_glx, gnome-session, pwlib, libxml2, mod_python, mozilla,
mailman, metamail and sysstat!).

< Previous Next >