Re: [suse-security] Question about SuSE security alerts
  • From: Avtar Gill <av_gill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:17:58 -0500
Markus Gaugusch wrote:

That's the reason why a lot of people use fou4s (
As soon as there is an update available, you are notified via mail with a description of the update. What else do you want?

I already have an automated method of monitoring SUSE ftp mirrors for
updates, downloading and incorporating them into my local APT ftp
repository and I get notified of any changes in the process. But that
wasn't my point. I raised a question regarding a procedure of the
SUSE security team and not about a third party tool. I just wanted to
be familiar with the reasoning behind incorporating small security
announcements of several programs in other unrelated errata updates.
What I was hinting at was that it might be beneficial to post
individual notifications to the suse-security-announcements mailing
list for each update.

There is only one email notification for the month of March..

At first glance it looks like an OpenSSL update and yet it notifies
users of an unrelated kernel security fix within the email (along
with xf86_glx, gnome-session, pwlib, libxml2, mod_python, mozilla,
mailman, metamail and sysstat!).

< Previous Next >