Re: [suse-security] ProFTPD Configuration Problem
  • From: Stefan Onken <Support@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:06:45 +0000
Am Freitag, 6. Februar 2004 10:11 schrieb

> I have tested proftpd on a SuSE 7.3 box.
> I have got some problems with downloads via internet browser.
> It seems to be the problem that the files e.g. ZIP will be
> donloaded as ascci file.
> Is it possible to configure binary datatransfer per default for a
> specific user in the user section of proftpd.conf ?

first allow me just one comment: There have been in the last three
years one remote exploitable for ProFTPD. This one was handled by
the ProFTPD core team within several hours. When SuSE did the
decision to drop ProFTPD from the distribution there have been NO
security holes for more than two years. The discussion I had with
Suse about it turned ended more in "well, we already have X FTP
Servers on our DVD, why bother with another one".

To your question:
http://www.proftpd.org/docs/directives/linked/config_ref_DefaultTransferMode.html

cu
stonki