Re: [suse-security] Opening SMTP for Postfix
  • From: Eric Kahklen <eric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:11:03 -0800
Okay I have SMTPD_LISTEN_REMOTE="yes" in the /etc/sysconfig/mail

and I edited the main.cf to include the inet_interfaces = all

I reloaded and restarted postfix and still nothing.

One thing I noticed is that SuSE has the following *.cf files.

main.cf
main.cf.SuSEconfig
main.cf.default

Any more ideas??

Thanks,

Eric

Markus Gaugusch wrote:

I just installed SuSE 9.0 with Postfix and am trying to test connectivity by telneting to port 25 and get a connection refused.

Look at /etc/sysconfig/mail -> SMTPD_LISTEN_REMOTE

Markus

< Previous Next >