SHH - login problems after Upgrade 8.2 - 9.0
  • From: Philipp Rusch <Philipp.Rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:39:48 +0100
Hello list,

I did an upgrade with my box from 8.2 to version 9.0.
After this change I was not able to login with ssh-clients
from remote anymore.
I am only able to login through local consoles or insecure telnet !
Where do I have to look now, what changed in version 9 ?
I had this working before on my systems and did not change a thing
in my ssh-setup myself ...
What I tried / looked at so far:
I have reverse DNS lookup working, the hostnames are resolved. OK
I have no lines in host.allow concerning sshd, is this still OK ?
same applies to host.deny OK
I use xinetd to start vnc since this version 9 of SuSE, does this
change something to other services ?
I get the certificate at my clienst, I accept it and then get the
"login:" prompt, but none of my users / passwords is accepted.
Has there been a change in passwords (encryption ?)

Any help is appreciated, I really like to have this working again.

Thanks in advance,
Philipp

< Previous Next >