RE: [suse-security] suse-security-unsubscribe-gregf=bigtimegeeks.com@xxxxxxxx
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:01:53 +0100 (MET)

> That's something that I was forgetting, EZMLM can do confirmation emails
> very easily... I am also a user of Mandrake-not for servers- (GASP, AHHHHH,
> GASP) and this is the way they do it with a webform.
>
> So who do we try to (attempt) to convince to do this?

You know, I have a quite simple form for my convenience: I just click on
an email address, and it is being removed from the list instantly. It's a
nice BOFH feature that I once requested, and Mads Martin Joergensen has
made it.

We can't use a hack for this, not for that machine. It delivers many
hundred thousand emails a day, and there is quite some security interest
there. I can't spare the time for it atm.

> P.S. The fact that we are discussing subscription, spam and things of this
> nature must mean SUSE is pretty secure, keep up the good work folks, I know
> I and a lot of people appreciate it. :)

Things are very busy these days, but we're improving and will be no1 soon
again. Avoiding security problems in our own infrastructure by not
introducing hacks is the minimum we can do.

> Paul Shepperd
> Swain Online

Thanks,
Roman.