Re: [suse-security] root has no shell
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:07:49 +0200
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 05:20:45PM +0200, Ulrich Kautz wrote:
> I dont get it either, Alin. On my home system your solutions also works fine.
>
> Thank you all for your help, but i give up.

you could try to break in: check, if he has installed all security patches. If
he hasn't - look for an exploit.

> I think my friend will have to pay 12euro to the greedy server provider to
> reboot with init=/bin/bash and change one line in the /etc/passwd ;-/

If I was the provider, he would not get it this cheap ;-))

regards,
Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried

Senior Consultant community4you GmbH, Chemnitz, Germany.
http://www.community4you.de http://www.open-eis.com

< Previous Next >