Re: **maillist-work:: Re: [suse-security] have I been invaded?
  • From: Thomas Seliger <CRJLJAKTJORB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:01:48 +0200
Hi Richard,

Richard wrote:

I'm not that much of a newbie, I just do dumshit things somethimes. LIke killing my firewall while my cable modem is still connected. Or
not writing down when I make major changes so I can go back.

in case you did not know, shorewall has several options that allow the testing of new configurations e.g.:

normal fw config in /etc/shorewall and testing config in /etc/shorewall-test

you can test the new config for 2 mins with
shorewall try /etc/shorewall-test 180

just in case you did not know....

peace,
Tom

p.s.: if the tested configuration stays active for 180 minutes then
i made an error and the parameter is min instead of sec ;)