Re: [suse-security] IMAP and 8.2
  • From: Bob Vickers <bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:41:28 +0100 (BST)
Vaclav,

Yesterday we too upgraded our mail server and discovered this change
that SuSE quietly introduced. It sounds like you have done the hard
part; to configure inetd.conf to support SSL-enabled IMAP and POP you just
need lines
imaps stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd imapd
pop3s stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd ipop3d

I've found it very hard to find good documentation on how to set up an
IMAP service that does not use plaintext passwords.

Bob