Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 and Samba
  • From: Peter Wiersig <wiersig-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:08:03 +0100
Dirk Borchers wrote:

> one question concerning samba and firewall. The firewall is on an
> computer with three networks cards. One to the internet, two for
> the intranet. I want to connect the two intranets that windows
> machines can share files. Which parameters do I have to set? I
> tried several configurations, but all of them failed :-(

/usr/share/doc/packages/SuSEfirewall2/FAQ
Q: But if I enter two internal network cards, communication between
the two networks connected to the firewall is not possible. However
both can access the internet. The SuSEfirewall2 must have a bug!

A: This works as designed. For security reasons, no network may
communicate to another until configured otherwise. Even if both are
"trusted" internal networks. You can allow full traffic with
FW_ALLOW_CLASS_ROUTING or specifying all allowed traffic with
FW_FORWARD

Peter