Re: [suse-security] YOU on SuSE 8.1
  • From: intraRedes <listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:10:22 -0300
On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:01:52 +0000
Graham Murray <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

|timo <timo.raty@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
|
|> Could it depend on how you are connected to Internet, ie. does it get
|> proper access to sites such as ftp.leo.org or whatever are configured
|> for onlineupdate?
|
|I think it (also) depends on which mirror you select. YaST was
|pre-selecting leo.org but it was taking an exceptionally long time to
|bring up the list of patches. Manually selecting gwdg.de improved the
|speed considerably.

I have same problems for a couple of months ago, since I discovered fou4s all work fine, but I change for trying /etc/wgetrc and set passive_fto to on as Klaus Kaempf told and no more probles with YOU, also using leo.org it's took less than 4 minutes to d/l and install 2 selected patches, over a 64 Kbits cablemodem connection.

Also I'm still working with fou4s over 8.1 and trying it over SLES 8 and OpenExchange 4 with good results in both cases.

--
Jorge D. Buchmann | jbuchmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

intraRedes S.R.L. | http://www.intraredes.com