RE: FW: [suse-security] ppp0 & SuSEfirewall2 - restart firewall
Ok Thanks Arjen

But
I am using 7.3 & I dont have ip-up.local scripts by default, can I just
create it?

I see the ip-up script does look for startfw2 = yes in the rc.config but I
didn't touch my ip-up script up until now ?

For now it does. The /etc/ppp/ip-up (and /etc/ppp/ip-down) script may be
updated if there are updates in the package. Localization should be done in
the /etc/ppp/ip-up.local and /etc/ppp/ip-down.local scripts. They will be
called by the /etc/ppp/ip-up and /etc/ppp/ip-down scripts and will NOT be
touched.

Restarting the firewall should be done automatically by the /etc/ppp/ip-up
and
/etc/ppp/ip-down scripts, provided you have not messed around with the
configuration files. In SuSE 8.1 this is done with the FIREWALL variable in
the end of /etc/sysconfig/network/config (set to YES). If you properly
configure this, the firewall will be restarted when needed.

Arjen

< Previous Next >