Re: [suse-security] Help with ssh
  • From: Robert Fenney <rfenney@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:36:41 -0800
Thanks but I was looking to only limit access from ssh. This is was was sent:

in sshd_config

AllowUsers user1 user2 user3

This will only allow users 1,2, and 3 access to the system using sshd.

Thanks everyone!

Robert

On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 09:20 AM, <rk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In /etc/passwd change the users' shell entry "/bin/bash" to "/bin/false" (last field in line)
(try with a "demo" user first), any login for this user should be disabled (ssh, telnet ...)
The restart of any daemons ist not necessary.