Re: [suse-security] how to enable ipsec over firewall?
  • From: Jochen Staerk <jochen.staerk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:45:32 +0200

For sure. You have to configure freeswan using /etc/ipsec.conf (<=7.3) and
to start and test it.

Just that the current snapshot of the documentation is outdated. I don't know if they refer to 2.0 or 1.x but in 1.98b there is definitely no ipsec verify command.
To be honest, i don't even know what teh author means by "

Ask your ISP to publish these records in your reverse map.

".
And what is a left subnet?

Looks af if i would do good by subscribing the Free/Swan mailing list, too.

Yep, my fault. Christoph Egger did some patches here on this list:

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-security/2002-Feb/0035.html