Re: [suse-security] Ipchains in SuSE 8.0
>Someone know how to run Ipchains in SuSE 8.0?, I know that it run in
>kernel 2.2.x, I installed the SuSE 8.0 and it is with kernel 2.4.18

>How can I install kernel 2.2.x in SuSE 8 ??, but I should like to use my
>own script writen in 2.2 kernel

>sorry the mistakes,

What about downloading a 2.2.21 from ftp.kernel.org and compiling that
one ??? (approx. 20MB)

The better idea is to adapt your script to iptables, in order to be able to
use
netfilter meachnism of connection tracking [stateful firewall]. There are
hints on
www.netfilter.org.

Yours

Michael