problem with NAT / ip forwarding
  • From: Wojtek <ml@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 13:38:41 +0200
Hello,

I have a problem related to NAT and IP forwarding:

My SuSE server has two network interfaces. One is conneted to a
LinkSys DSL router (which is conntected to the internet), the other is
conncted to my LAN.

The problem is that I am not able to access my SuSE server from inside
the network with my external IP. Maybe I am missing some routing
entry?

Here's how my network is setup:

SuSE server has 2 interfaces:
eth0 (192.168.2.2) connected to LAN
eth1 (192.168.1.2) connected to an Linksys router (192.168.1.1) which
is doing NAT.

On the Linksys router I forwarded port 80 to my SuSE server.

Clients from outside (internet) can connect to my SuSE server via the
external IP.

The SuSE server itself can connect to itself via the external IP.

An internal client of the 192.168.2.0 network is not able to connect
to the SuSE server using the external IP. The client end's up on the
Linksys router.

What is the problem?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Wojtek