Re: [suse-security] firewall2 help
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:01:54 -0800
On Monday 19 August 2002 10:33 am, you wrote:
> Try the Shorewall firewall instead..easier to set up
>
> see www.shorewall.org

Its .net not .org.

I agree, Shorewall is vastly easier to setup
and configure, and has the best documentation
i've seen. The Quick start guide on that site is
a step by step approach and it covers one, two and
three nic setups as well as proxy arp etc.

Shorewall is just a means of setting up iptables, but
it is a very understandable and easy to comprehend means.

I'd encourage suse to considder making it part of their
distro, like a couple others have done.

Susy Fw works, but Shorewall is way easier to understand
and setup.
http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_quickstart_guide.htm

No I Don't Yahoo!
And I'm getting pretty sick of being asked if I do.
John Andersen / Juneau Alaska