Re: [suse-security] Strange Web Behavior
  • From: "Dr. Thomas Kerkau" <thomas.kerkau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:51:50 +0200
Hi Austin,

if you use some dialup-isp (i.e. DSL) it might be a problem with the
MRU/MTU settings of your NAT. In thise case have a look at:

http://sdb.suse.de/de/sdb/html/cg_pmtu2.html

Thomas

Austin Morgan wrote:

> I am using an gateway on my network with NAT and firewall. Everything
> seems to work fine, but I am not able to connect to google.com. This is
> very strange because for the past 1 1/2 years I have been using this
> system I have not had a problem with it. I discovered that if I ssh
> into the firewall and use lynx that I can access google and run
> searches, but none of the computers behind the firewall can. There are
> no logs saying that the firewall is droping anything and the DNS reports
> an accurate ip address. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what
> might be happening?
> --
> __ __ ____ ____
> | \/ |/ ___/ ___| Austin Morgan
> | |\/| | | \___ \ Morgan Computer Services
> |_| |_|\____|____/ www.morgancomputers.net
>

> --

ArcStyler - the Architectural IDE for MDA/J2EE/EJB
-> CyberOne Award 2001
-> Winner Crossroads A-List Award 2001
-> IBM Solution Excellence Award winner for Hot Java Solution
-> European Information Society Technologies Prize Winner 2001
-> Free trial-version at http://www.ArcStyler.com
-> Made with ArcStyler http://www.NewWaveSearchables.com
Interactive Objects Software GmbH
mailto:Thomas.Kerkau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.io-software.com
Basler Strasse 65, D-79100 Freiburg, Germany
Tel: [+49]-761-40073-0, Fax: [+49]-761-40073-73