Re: [suse-security] sendmail relays by default
  • From: "Robert C. Paulsen Jr." <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:30:20 -0500
I can't answer your questions but I might be able to solve your problem!

You can configure fetchmail to distribute local mail using procmail
instead of sendmail (I believe sendmail uses procmail in the long run
anyway). Here is an example from my fetchmail configuration:

set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail"
set postmaster "root"
set properties ""
set daemon 300

poll smtp.your.isp.com
proto pop3
user "your_pop3_userid"
pass "your_pop3_password"
is your_local_userid
fetchall
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

If this works for you then I think (based on your description of what you
are doing) you can simply stop running sendmail as a daemon.

--
Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.
robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx