Re: [suse-security] scp withput password
  • From: "Erwin Zierler - stubainet.at" <erwin.zierler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:50:27 +0200
Hi...

Dirk Breuer wrote:

Hello,
I want to use ssh (especially scp and sftp) without being asked for
passwords.
Can somebody give me a detailed configuration guide:
ssh-agent,.. which files must be changed (authorized_keys, ssh_config,
...) .

Sorry, but this a security forum - your question is a FAQ and the answer
is explained in several documents very well. For a start I suggest
reading the man pages ssh, sshd etc. for a reasonable understanding of
the whole matter and then - for the actual configuration you can try:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-keyc.html
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-keyc2/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-keyc3/

Very detailed explanation incl. examples. I found it helpful.

Can sftp and scp handle with x.509 certificates and how can I configure
this?

Here I cant help - not even with a link, sorry. But I am sure you might
be able to find a YLUG (Your Local Unix Guru) at Juelich.

Thanks,
Dirk Breuer

--
Dirk Breuer
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH e-mail: d.breuer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You're welcome,

Erwin

--
Erwin Zierler | web- / host- / postmaster - stubainet.at