AW: AW: [suse-security] Lan
  • From: Peer Stefan <stefan.peer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:26:41 +0100
> Of course you are right. There is a tool named SWAT for administering
Samba.
> But I couldn't get it to work as I want it to. Maybe I'm just too silly

that's simple - just add
swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat swat
to your /etc/inetd.conf and start/restart inetd et voila, connect to
http://sambaserver:901/, log in as root and have fun :-)

There is a way to run SWAT via an encrypted tunnel
(https://sambaserver:901).
In order to install SWAT with SSL-support have a look at
http://at.samba.org/samba/docs/swat_ssl.html

> *sigh* or I didn't spend enough time for it, but I'm used to "hack"
smb.conf
> and I know exactly what I get for what I type in. But for beginners, of
> course SWAT may be interesting.

cheers,
Stefan