Re: [suse-security] Best method of disabling - Personal-firewall scripts - SuSE 7.2
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:21:02 +0200 (MEST)
> Hi All
>
> I have just installed SuSE 7.2 and I do not want to run the
> Personal-firewall.
> I have uninstalled the Personal-firewall package, but the init scripts are
> still
> running. What is the best method of removing the Personal-firewall.
> Is deleting the runlevel script links the only way. (i.e. rc3.d and rc5.d).

Actually, the personal-firewall doesn't run if you have nothing in
/etc/rc.config.d/security.rc.config (the variable is empty or "off"). The
scripts run, but it doesn't do anything that you could notice afterwards.

Removing the package (rpm -e personal-firewall) should also remove the
init scripts, provided that you didn't change them. If they are still
there, remove them, but don't forget the symlinks. Let the symlinks be
handled by the insserv command.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Steven Thompson

Thanks,