WG: [suse-security] SuSEFirewall fails on system startup
ReHi folks,
the Script you've to download is on that page:
http://www.suse.de/~marc/SuSE.html

You've to download the SuSEfirewall v4.6 - 29th April 2001
<SuSEfirewall-4.6.tar.gz>
Script unless you want to work with iptables (I think so...).

In my Opinion the failures are a result of the bootup sequence, means that
the fw-script (or
parts of it) is loaded BEFORE the devices (eth0, ippp0 etc.) have been
initialized!
Maybe you've to make new symbolic links! Instead of "S01SuSEfirewall....."
try "S25SuSEfirewall"
or something like that!
But remember that there's no protection between initializing the devices and

I prefer downloading the newest Script! Maybe some people have to deinstall
the old Script (but the
new script will do that, won't it?).

I'm sure it works, I've spent some days before I got rid of that problem!
If you can't get rid of it, try the "ipchains -L" command, to see if the
rules have been set correctly!

Bye,
Mario
PS: Sorry because of my bad english!