Re: Where to find a good intro to ipchains for a dial-up linux box ?
  • From: Richard <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:47:10 +0000 (GMT)
Marko

Have a look at .......

http://www.noether.freeserve.co.uk

there's a good security page. See also ......

http://www.linuxnewbie.org

when you've had a look at those I can mail a firewall script to you
that I wrote myself. I used to help Robert Zeigler with his work on
firewalls. He has now written a book called "Linux Firewalls". You
can view the book at....

http://www.newriders.com

also...

http://www.sheflug.co.uk/newriders.html

the new SuSE firewall which is available as an RPM is excellent but it
doesn't help you to learn too much about ipchains. Iptables is now
coming into use. If you get to know ipchains then iptables should be
easy to understand.

Thanks

Richard

Sheffield Linux