Re: [suse-security] new e-mail accounts (group 500 users)
On 23 Feb 2001, at 11:36, Steffen Dettmer wrote:

> > How can I restrict access to only just the corresponding e-mail
> > account so users could not log on to the mail server by a terminal
> > client?

You could give them no shell or write a script that says "only mail
account", I think you will find references in the archive of this list.

> Use "virtual Mailbox users". That are users for POP & Co. that
> are not know to the systems. An example is vmailmgr which works
> with "qmail". Other projects store users in a database, I've

You do not need vmailmgr to have "virtual" accounts. You can use a
database for authentication to qmail.

HTH
mike

< Previous Next >