Re: [suse-security] new e-mail accounts (group 500 users)
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 01:33:41 +0100
> > then I suggest talking a look at Cyrus.

or QMail POP and/or Courier IMAP

> I've been there taking a look at it. I run pop3s which is tunneled by
> stunnel on port 995. Does this matter?

this should be transparent for the pop daamon. I played with
virtual users and qmails-pop3d, this daemon uses a external
program to validate accounts. This can be easily replaced with
the one from vmailmgr. I made some notes dureing playing,
www.qmail.org is a good starting point when you look for the
sources/rpms. The notes can be found at:

http://sws.dett.de/search --> "vmailmgr"

or maybe

http://sws.dett.de/search/search.cgi?words=vmailmgr&Find=Find&scope=Steffens+Knowledge+Base

works, too :) Just try it out, it's nice.

oki,

Steffen