AW: [suse-security] Intrusion detection?
i find some tools that works good on my servers at

www.psionic.com

the portsentry and the logcheck
its not a inrusion detection but ist is a portscan detection
it guards unused ports

,,,
/'^'\
( o o )
oOOO--(_)--OOOo----------------------
Mit Freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen/Best Regards
proTask Consulting
Battisti Markus
PGP key available on request
This message was sent using 100% recyclable electrons

Hi,

what are the recommended tools to add to a (dial-up) NAT gateway to detect
attacks on that gateway?

I am not (yet :->) looking for tools how to detect things after the deed
is done, but for some kind of an early warning system (and I am not
particularly interested in reading the raw logs emitted by ipchains).

http://www.securityfocus.com/

lists a couple of things, but this seems to be just an *unreviewed* long
list of tools, with rather unknown quality.

TIA
Stefan